JEHOVAH NISSI

THE LORD MY BANNER (Exodus 17:15)

As Jehovah Nissi did the Lord reveal Himself to Israel when He delivered His people from Amalek their enemy, "whose remembrance even the Lord would utterly put out from under Heaven," though He would "have war with him from generation to generation" (Exodus 17:14; 17:16). 
In this passage Moses held God’s staff in his hand and as long as his hands and God’s staff were raised, Joshua and the Israelites won the war with the Amalekites. What I want us to pay particular attention to is that this battle was all about God. Joshua, Moses, Aaron, Hur, and the Israelite armies were simply vessels God used, but the battle itself was orchestrated by God. Moses knew this and wanted to make certain the Israelites knew it and remembered it. Nothing that he or they did in the physical realm brought about victory. God’s presence and power took them into the battle and assured the victory when the battle was done.

 "The Lord is a man of war" (Exodus 15:3).

What battles are you fighting today?

Is the battle you are in one that the Lord has chosen for you? Strange question, isn’t it? Scripture is very clear in this particular passage that the Lord, in fact, chooses certain battles for us to fight. Does He lead the way as Jehovah Nissi in your current battles?

Perhaps the battle you are in is a battle that you have chosen, one that is outside the will of God? Are you fighting in your own strength? Are you struggling to be victorious in the battle? If Jehovah Nissi is leading the way in your struggle, then you are assured success, but if you are fighting your battle in your own strength, your defeat is imminent.

Where in your life do need God to show Himself strong as Jehovah Nissi – the Lord my Banner – and go before you so that you may know victory? This is a needful Tower of Strength, for if the Lord be my Banner what can I not do? "By Thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall" (Psalm 18:29). This was David's boast when he proclaimed, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation and my high tower" (Psalm 18:2). Yes, if the Lord be my Banner all these defenses are mine.

Jesus, our Great Forerunner, is Himself the Conqueror: "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19).O yes! this wonderful Banner.. And under His Banner only shall we be victorious, for we have no strength of our own.

Having this banner given us, we are to display it, having our feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace we are not to stand still-the sword of the spirit is to be wielded. This armour provided for the soldiers of the Lord is complete, every link in the chain is united, while it is in our entire reliance on Him that we are enabled to combat the great enemy of souls. But-praying always-and watching unto prayer.!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When we come to the end of ourselves, we come to the beginning of God.

sometimes the lord will have to break you to mould you into his very likness

God is collecting your tears -psalm 56:8